Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bright-Eyed and Bushy-Tailed

Another week gone by the wayside.  Not particularly eventful; but I was busy.  Cooking, cleaning and misc. elder errands were on the agenda.

The weather has been seasonal.  Rain, snow, wind, more rain, a little snow and so forth.  Had shoveling to do a couple of mornings but it rained hard yesterday afternoon and evening and the snow has largely disappeared.  This weekend we'll have a change of pace as the temperature plummets into the teens.  Chance of snow, too.

I bought several sacks of victuals for my winged friends and also a bag of squirrel food.  The squirrel wasted no time making himself at home...mowed right through the groceries.

Squirrel on the dole...

The birdies haven't yet discovered the feeders in the back yard.  Two feeders with two different mixes...one blend should be particularly attractive to the Chickadees while the other should prove irresistible to my Pine Siskin pals.  I expect the Juncos will swing both ways...  As I recall, last year it took about a week for the word to get out in birdland...

In other news, the drama of the election season has been replaced with small ball stuff.  I am completely mystified by the fascination with the General and his girlfriend.  It is an unfortunate way to end a generally estimable career, to be sure; but it seems like a pretty straightforward "failure to keep it in his pants" story to me.   And he didn't even deny it - promptly resigned with as much dignity as the situation would allow.  As near as I can tell the story lingers largely because some Congresspersons are miffed that they weren't dished the dirt before it hit the news stand.  Too bad.

And the Benghazi inquisition strikes me as equally strange.  The fact that a confused situation was, well, confused, is not surprising to me.

Perhaps tomorrow's "fiscal cliff" summit will be more interesting - or at least more amusing.

Cheers! 

No comments: