Sunday, December 20, 2009

Bloated

Ugh...feeling a tad bilious this morning. Holiday food binge. I was hungry after my workout yesterday mid-afternoon so went to El Sombrero for tres enchiladas con arroz y refritos. Would have been fine if I'd stopped there...but then went to play cards at Dougie's and Alison's where I snacked on various tidbits for three hours or so - washed-down with a few glasses of sturdy red - then went home and had a half-dozen big chocolate chip cookies and a couple of glasses of milk. And a Zantac for a nightcap. Gonna have to do an extra hour on the treadmill today.

The good news is that I was the big winner at cards. Heh. Heh.

It's been a festive weekend. Friday morning started with a loud CRACK at 6:55 AM when I thought I was about to be smushed by a falling tree. Held my breath for about 10 seconds waiting for the CRASH - but fortunately it did not come. A tree fell about 50 feet from the house. Small tree - big CRACK. You probably never hear the one that gets you...

Friday evening I had cocktails at the Breakwater with Doug, Shelly, and Laura. Great holiday fun. Troxels, the new restaurant/bar at the Breakwater is quite pleasant and was very busy. I had a good steak there a few weeks back; although all the side dishes were mediocre. Juneau still doesn't have a really good restaurant... The Island Pub makes great pizza; but it's certainly not fine dining. And Zephyrs is inconsistent. I pine for the lights and eats of the city. JESUS, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M THINKING ABOUT FOOD!!!

It's clear as a bell this morning and a mite chilly. Supposed to be nice most of the week and cooler. Mid-teens at night and upper twenties during the day. A little wind downtown but nothing extreme. Pretty nice for this time of year.

Today I'm going to wrap presents. This is a many hour long exercise. I enjoy wrapping presents but am not very good at it and am really slow.

Finally, birthday greetings to Eric Swanson. A little something from the archives - and in keeping with today's theme of binge eating....


Happy Birthday to you...

Well, time to get dressed and head to the elders for morning chores...

No comments: