Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Hiatus

Sorry...haven't posted in awhile.  Just haven't been in the mood...  Most of the political stories have been depressing - and I haven't had much interesting to share in my personal life either.

It's now just Joan, Maddy and me at the ol' homestead.  Enrique and Nikki blew-out for Rhode Island on Sunday morning and they made it safe and sound.  Enrique is hoping for a part in a play at Perseverance this fall - and if he gets the part he will be more than welcome to stay here once again.

The weather has been depressing - the coldest spring I can recall and no indication that summer is going to be any better.  Having said that however, last weekend was beautiful beyond belief and downright hot.  On Saturday it crept mighty close to 90 degrees.  I spent a good part of the day working in the yard and got mighty hot.

As luck would have it, Joan had helped organize a little party at the house on Saturday evening for her newly retired ex-boss, Mr. Spencer.  It was a test-drive, of sorts, for the deck and I am happy to report that the venue was quite satisfactory.

Eric and Dan swap lies
A beauteous evening....

I've been under the weather the past few days.  Enrique had some kind of flu-like bug a few weeks ago and I seem to have all the same symptoms.  Must be a long incubation period for whatever it is...  Felt truly awful on Monday night, awful yesterday and feel just moderately crappy today.  Still, I expect I will survive.

I will do my best to be more diligent with posting...

1 comment:

Leah said...

I hope you feel better soon! Oregon has been pretty gray as well, but I suspect a tad warmer, come down soon!