Sunday, July 15, 2012

Finally - Something Worth Posting

Well, another promise broken - haven't posted again for awhile.  But the truth of the matter is that there just hasn't been much worth posting until now.

The lower part of my yard has been bugging me since I moved in...it's a gravel area that hasn't seen any new gravel in a number of years.  The entire area has been covered with a weed control material; but over the years moss and debris had taken hold and it was looking very untidy.

Ugh.  What a mess!

So...on Thursday I placed an order with a local sand and gravel outfit and the next day 12.01 tons of gravel appeared in my driveway.

That's a lot of gravel

The question then becomes how to move said gravel from point A to point B without ending up in the hospital in traction.  Well, the answer is as simple as 1,2, 3....

Joe, Reese and Sean

Mr. Slagle, Mr. Saviers and Mr. Bavard are all the sons of Juneau friends - went to school with some of their parents and other relatives.  Damn good workers all of them and before you know it...

...the gravel was hauled and spread...

...without the need for chiropractic care.

I couldn't be more pleased.  It got halfway nice yesterday and every hour or so I had to go wander around the yard just to marvel at the change.  I am a happy camper.



1 comment:

Leah said...

Looks great Mer!