Wednesday, September 5, 2012

This and That

Well, another week.  And not bad...all things considered.  I did lots of baking and cooking for the elders.  I believe it is appreciated.

Mom's universe is getting smaller.  Aside from a little leaf raking and flower deadheading she is not able to do much in the yard these days.  But...that has not dampened her enthusiasm for flora.  She is in the process of building a very sizable African Violet collection.

Mom has two tables of African Violets...and another dozen leaves rooting...

They're all beautiful and healthy specimens...

...In a variety of colours

I brought a couple home today and they are now perched on my windowsill in the living room.  I expect I will have more headed my way....

Alison and I took several walks last week including a hoof up Salmon Creek to the old powerhouse.  Fall is in the air...  We happened upon a couple of young porcupines.  They are not in the least bit intimidated by folks on the trail...or anything else, I suspect.  Serious attitude.

You wanna piece of me big guy?  Sure!  Come and get it you jerk.

A few nights ago I got a text from Cousin Dick in the Manor House above my serf quarters.  He said "4 bears coming your way."  I went out on the porch to get some pics; but apparently they sensed nothing in my surroundings that appealed to them and crept through the brush out of sight.

Dick had been doing a BBQ gig.  And I'm sure they were offended that they did not receive an invitation.  To show their displeasure - they left a big steaming pile in his front yard.

Next time we want a formal invitation...  Bon Appetit!

Later gang!

No comments: