Saturday, February 23, 2013

When your heart stops beating; you'll keep on tweeting

When I wake-up these days, I reach over and fire up the TV to the local public radio station, KTOO.  I listen to the national, state and local news before I roll-out.  A couple of days ago I was taken by a story of a new app. for Twitter that allows you to tweet even after you have firmly planted your second foot in the grave.  A twitter add-on for the ages. This is not a concept I personally find appealing.  But...for those of you who just refuse to let go, I suppose it might have an attraction...

It's been a dreadful week.  Not that anything bad happened.  Just wet, cold and unpleasant.  My windy promontory has been - well, windy.  And rainy and slushy to boot.  Ugh.

I did transplant about 30 dahlia seedlings to their own little potlets.  About 10 look like they're not going to make it.  But 20 seedlings will be plenty.  About  30 of 100 bell flower seedlings have hatched.  They are TINY seedlings and thus far no secondary leaves so the jury is out.  Time will tell.  I have yet to plant the painted daisy, columbine, and foxglove seeds.  So lots of seedling stuff to enjoy.

I have been vastly amused by texts and pics received from my friend Martha.  She spent a few days in Seattle with a mutual friend, Wendy, at the garden show in Seattle.  Ms. Stewart and Ms. Redman were accompanied by Martha's hound, Bailey, and they all took-up residence at the Hotel Monaco in downtown Seattle - a doggy friendly establishment.  All hands are now safely home after a wonderful time and when I queried Martha about Bailey's doggie day care experience she replied as follows:
"Perfect.  Came back after 5 hours to find Bailey working the hotel front desk.  She was having the best time there, welcoming the guests.  They'd walked her every hour, played with her toy, etc.  She was happy to see me but was ever so happy when we aimed back down to the lobby and she got to see them again."
Woof!

In other news, Amanda is making excellent progress in her quest to open a food establishment this summer.  A couple of interesting (and encouraging) twists and turns.  But I am sworn to secrecy for the moment...

The elders soldier on...  Mom has a doctor's appointment next week and auntie's daughter arrived today for a week.  I will be hosting a family supper early next week.

All is well...

No comments: