Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sixty Years Young

A splendid evening.  Alison's 60th birthday party.  Many good friends and some mighty tasty victuals.

Happy Birthday Alison!

Alison's husband, Doug, produced a 30 minute video tribute to Ms. Elgee.  It was a combination of video testimonials from significant persons in Alison's life and many still photos of her life to date.  I must say, it brought a tear to my eye...despite the fact that many of the persons making the tributes were politicians.  The video lasted approximately 30 minutes and I think it is safe to say that all present enjoyed every moment.  Well done Dougie!  Extraordinarily well done, in fact.

I first met Ms. Elgee when we were colleagues at the Division of Legislative Finance  - the legislature's budget shop.  Two of my best-loved friends from that time are Mr. Barker and Ms. Brown.  They were both present this evening.  They really enjoyed looking at the ol' Legislative Finance - Ho Ho File.

Ohhhh....Ain't that cute they say after looking at page 1...

Who else has a copy of this they say after looking at page 10

 Hah! 

It was a really fun party.

Barbara, Mi'va and Chris

John, Marla and Christine

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALISON!

In other news, the week long sunshine spell came to an end yesterday.  But I got my fill of outdoor activities with two of my best pals.

Amanda, Nikki and I did lots of hoofin'

Cards tomorrow at Stu's crib.  Life is good.

No comments: