Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Dry September Day

It's been mighty wet.  But this morning I woke-up to a foggy morning and once the fog burned-off it was very nice for a few hours.  My old friend, Bob Chapman, is visiting for a couple of weeks and we took the dogs out to Dredge Lake.  It was very nice.

The snow is slowly creeping down the mountains

This is about as much fall color as we will see...

Still a little fog on the lake

The K9s on patrol.

I think Bob enjoys the dog walks.

After I got home from hound hoofing I went out in the yard and cut-back many of my perennials.  Fall clean-up is my least favorite garden chore...because it's fall.  Spring clean-up is much more satisfying.  Nevertheless, I persevered and got about half of the job done before my back began to complain.  The next dry day I will try to finish it up.

The garden soil is very, very wet.  And I bet I rudely disturbed at least a hundred slugs.

No comments: