Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Daily Dog Walk - On a Beautiful Fall Day

Woke up to clear skies this morning.  And it is predicted to remain nice for the next three or four days.

The Dredge Lake complex in the Mendenhall Valley is my go-to spot for the daily dog walk.  I've been there almost every day since late last winter.  Last year I felt compelled to go elsewhere during the bear season - it seems that every time I turned-around there was a Yogi on the trail.  But I have not had a single encounter this year although they're certainly around.  When I'm walking the dogs I prefer to daydream rather than be on bear alert...

Dredge Lake has many memories for me.  I recall one summer, in particular, when the Chapman brothers and I were out there all the time.  George Chapman had just got his driver's license and liked to roar around the maze of dirt roads in the area.  John, Bob and I were along for the ride.  Big time fun.

In any event, here's the dog walk from this morning in pictures which happens to coincide with the first new snow on the mountains.

Dredge Lake - a favorite swimming hole back in the day...

 Mischief shows no inclination to go swimming however.  Not today.  Not any day.

In May there was little water in the area.  But it's plenty wet now.

 Hope loves her walkies.

Fresh snow on the mountains.

 This water wasn't here a couple of days ago...

Bad BAD beavers!

Beautiful spot on the Mendenhall River

Don't recognize the name; but there are lots of regular walkers.

A very nice morning indeed...

No comments: