Monday, October 12, 2015

A Pinch of This and a Dash of That

It's been a pretty slow week.  I've done lots of cooking and doing more today.  Beef stew for the elders is in the oven.

Poor auntie fell drawing her drapes the other day.  No real harm done; but just one more indication that she should not be living alone.  I invited her out to my place for a few days but she demurred.  Sigh...

My boarder, Eric, has been promoted to General Manager of the Breakwater Inn.  He's got his hands full.  There is a new owner determined to clean-up the place (it's been a junkie infested den for a number of years);  but it will be a long hard slog. 

On the other hand, the wheeling-and-dealing aspects of the job suit Eric to a "T" - and he has already made some noteworthy improvements.  The filthy and malodorous carpet in the lobby is gone and has been replaced with a very tasteful faux marble floor.  The lobby has been repainted and most of the dubious and dirty quasi nautical artifacts given an unceremonious heave-ho.

And if you wonder why I'm telling you all this it's because one of my pictures will soon be above the front desk.  If it comes back from the printer's OK...

Love them fall colors.

If that one turns out OK...we may add others.  

The first Democratic presidential debate is tomorrow night.  I might actually watch it...Bernie has never had real national exposure before and I'm curious to see how he plays it.  

I got a call from a Clinton fundraiser a couple of nights ago.  I said I was supporting Bernie for the moment.  They couldn't get off the phone fast enough...very unusual for a political solicitation.

No comments: