Friday, March 12, 2010

T's New Friend

It's always a big deal when someone in my family of friends gets a new four-legged friend. The latest arrival is...well, Ms. Harrigan can speak for herself:
His name is Norman. We just met on Saturday, and I can't stop thinking about him. He's gorgeous!

The way he stares adoringly into my eyes... The tender way he pats my nose with his paw...

Oh, yeah - Norman is a kitten. The breed is an Oriental Short Hair. I have a friend who has one, and I fell in love with him. I have never been a cat person but this breed is a feline version of a dog. I guess that makes him a dat. Or a cog. But I digress. They are very affectionate and follow you where ever you go. They are very smart, and I think they are quite handsome. He has adult ears on a tiny little kitten head, which makes him look like a bat right now.

Norman is coming to live with me around 3/26 - can't wait! I am prepared to be totally whipped over the little creature.

You're right! Bat ears...


Ahhhh...

In other news, yet another winter storm warning effective from right now 'til tomorrow morning. And I have a bad feeling about this one... It's snowing like hell and we're potentially looking at 10 inches or so. Oh well, it's March...

Alaska Airlines is not having a good day at Juneau. Sixty One had to shoot a couple of approaches before making it, Seventy Three just missed and is headed to Anchorage, and Sixty Two is holding over Sister's Island... The Sitka airport pie vendors will have a good day today.

Otherwise the usual drill. Bath day yesterday...the ol' coot seems to be doing OK...his edema is actually not too bad at the moment. He's pretty weak though...

Tonight mom's making a pork roast. And last night I made a raspberry cheesecake for tonight's dessert. Never made a cheesecake before...it LOOKS quite wonderful. I will report back...

No comments: