Friday, June 24, 2011

Bear Sign

A couple of pretty fair days.  Got some yard work done.  Went for walkies with Joan and the hounds. 

When I was up at auntie's yesterday, she was excited to relate a bear sighting.  Yogi was wandering around Evergreen Avenue.  Apparently he had an itch that needed scratching...first he rubbed his back against a telephone pole and then he embraced said pole to rub his tummy.  Too bad I missed it...

I was already aware of the recent visit however...

I may not be Daniel Boone - but I think there's been a bear in these here parts

Auntie's 86th birthday bash went-off as planned.  Nobody was feeling particularly photogenic however.  Although I did get a few pics of mom's garden which I will share with you later.

After gardening it was off to Fish Creek for walkies.

Joan's boarder's dog, Nicki

Maddy cools her heels

Day before yesterday we walked the airport dike trail.  The Sitka Roses were beautiful!

Sitka Roses in bloom on the Airport Dike Trail.  

Well, time to saddle up and head over to mom's for coffee.  Big night tonight.  Alison's son, James, is getting married tomorrow and tonight is a dinner/whale watching cruise.  I am charging my camera battery...

No comments: