Saturday, May 26, 2012

Garden Update

Well, sorry about no posting recently but I was waiting for a nice day to shoot a garden update video.  It took a spell for the nice day to materialize...  On Thursday we had a really nice sun break - lasted for about 8 hours.  It was OK yesterday but by last evening the rain was starting to fall and this morning we're back to rain AND wind. And the weather forecast is not encouraging for this next week. Sigh...

Crappy weather notwithstanding it has been a serious gardening week.  I spent a couple of days helping Alison rehabilitate a flower bed that had become overgrown over a period of many years and it proved to be more of a challenge than I had thought.  Serious pick-and-shovel work.  But then again, that's my specialty in terms of both competence and temperament.  I do believe Alison was well pleased with the result.

I also did a fair amount of planting and puttering here in my own yard.  Serious fun.

Last weekend we did manage a nice walk out by Dredge Lake.  Got a couple of decent pics of a Townsend's Warbler.

Townsend's Warbler...

...an elusive little bugger. 

And here is the garden update video:


Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

No comments: