Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Happy 90th Birthday Aunt Emilie

Well, the tough old bird made it...90 years young.  I hosted a celebratory prime rib supper for Aunt Emilie last evening and I think it was a success.

Grill Master Eric provided tasty BBQ chicken wing appetizers.  The main course featuered prime rib, mashed potatoes, minted fruit salad, ginger carrots, shrimp salad and homemade dinner rolls.  Dessert options were North Douglas Chocolate Cake and key lime pie.  It was quite tasty if I do say so myself.

Auntie's daughter, Sandra, and grandson, Brock, joined us from out of town.  Brock is a newly minted dad and can't stay long; but I think he got his money's worth at supper anyway. 

I was busy playing host so didn't have time to take a bunch of pics.  But here are a couple of group shots.

With two legs from left to right:  Hidy Hulbert, Eric Pokorny, Emilie Lindstrom, Mary Ann Park, Brock Rogers, Sandra Lindstrom, Linda Siirila and Amanda Krafft. And Mischief the dog.

The host is now on the left.

I would like to think Auntie comes to my house to see me.  But I know better.  Auntie and her best pal, Mischief!

A beautiful day today and I got mom's, auntie's, and my yards mowed.  Sadly it sounds like it will be clouding up tomorrow and we may have rain for a few days.

But it's been a mighty fine gardening season so far so I will not complain! 


No comments: