Tuesday, June 9, 2015

My Garden - Spring of 2015

Doubt if there's anyone looking at this blog anymore...but gonna post my Spring garden photos regardless!

 Getting serious about deck planters.  Three roses and a hydrangea acquired this Spring.  All will reside in the garage for the first winter.

 And here is rose Number 1.  A rugosa Blanc de Colbert.

 Built all those boxes (the pinnacle of my carpentry endeavors).  Hired young guys to haul the gravel!

My Weigela...here before I was...

 Native Southeast Alaska rain forest.  Will get replaced soon...although charming in its own right...

First iris to bloom...got 'em from Aunt Emilie's yard and they do well.

 I'm mighty fond of this place.

Slowly filling in the rock garden by trial and error.  Great drainage.  Good sun.  Poor soil.

 Leopard's Bane, and bleeding heart in bloom...Siberian Iris soon to follow.

Love the lilacs...the front yard smells wonderful on a calm evening.

Rhody past its prime but lots of new growth...it seems happy.  

I think my house is very attractive.

The former owner is a halibut fisherman.  Re-purposed gear buckets.

Peony #1 of the season!
I took these pics a week ago.  We've had a week of rain since...a few things got beat down...but no worse than I would have expected.  The National Weather Service says we're in for another change...back to nice weather and it sounds like it may stick around for awhile.

So...more to come!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice picture.Thank you so much for share.
Please visit my site Yahoo contact telephone number uke

Unknown said...

Beautiful Home...still enjoying reading your Adventure Blog and your meaningful, erudite thoughts.
Regards,
Manfred,Sally,Beaufort( 3 yr old golden retriever) Jasper (13.5 yr old black Labrador)