Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Dateline Washington



Greetings from the nation's capital. It is a beautiful Wednesday morning and I will be headed-out to Mt. Vernon and on to Charlottesville in an hour or so. Will pick-up my car at the airport.

I arrived in D.C. about 10 PM on Monday. It was a long day; but everything went off without a hitch.

Yesterday I walked the National Mall all afternoon. Hit most of the major monuments...and will upload more pics later. Last night my dear friend Martha and I went out for supper in the Old Town part of Alexandria...had a decent (but not great) meal at a French restaurant and then, for dessert, stopped into a Tapas establishment where we had profiteroles, coffee, and after dinner drinks. And as a bonus, entertainment in the form of flamenco!



My dear friend Martha Stewart

Flamenco!





No comments: