Monday, October 6, 2008

Vacation Pics Posted

Whew! I finally finished photoshopping all my vacation pics and got a CD to Laura with all the tournament action. Highlights have been posted on my Kodak Website - click on the link to the right.

I have also added a "dining guide" - links to good restaurants I have visited in the past couple of years. It's not all inclusive; but I vouch for all the eateries listed...makes me hungry just looking at their websites!

It was an uneventful weekend. Went to the Prospector with Dougie, Alison, Laura, and Shelly on Friday - good company and good fun. And then Alison invited me to supper. On Saturday I spent a good many hours uploading pics to the Kodak site and fiddling with my blog layout. Went to the folks and chopped quite a bit of wood.

I also got to play a little with my new toy - a Garmin GPS for my road trips. It's very cool. I programmed it to direct me to Aunt Emilie's and it worked like a charm. It's a got text-to-voice function which means that it both displays and enunciates directions - "Continue on Glacier Highway for 2 miles and then turn left on Egan Drive." "Turn left in 200 feet." And so forth.

This device should minimize stress on driving trips - particularly with other folks in the car. If you've got a beef regarding directions - take it up with the disembodied voice of Garmin - not the driver. Heh. Heh.

I will be giving the Garmin a workout in three weeks. My itinerary is still not complete; but I plan to fly to D.C. on October 27th. I'll spend the 28th in D.C. - hopefully taking my ol' pal Martha Stewart out to dinner (she's invited me to stay at the apartment she keeps near Reagan whether or not she's there). If she's not in the city, I'll leave time on my return trip to either visit her in D.C. or out at her farm in the Shenandoah Valley. Way cool.

On the 29th I think I'll visit Mount Vernon and then drive to Charlottesville, VA for a couple of days of sightseeing - including Monticello. Then, I think I'll drive to Williamsburg, VA for a couple of days. Then it's about an 8 hour drive to Hilton Head, SC to hook-up with Dougie and Alison for some serious golf. Yippee!

I'll stay flexible on the return...my only requirement is to get back to Reagan on the afternoon of November 13th for my flight to Seattle. Then on to Juneau the morning of the 14th.

I just didn't have the energy to scan any old legislative stuff this weekend; but perhaps I will get ambitious and have something amusing for you on Wednesday. Today, I'm going to go chop a bunch of wood - there's about half-a-cord alongside the folks fence that I can cut into smaller pieces and stack in the woodshed. Even with a tarp, the wood's not drying outside and it will get better air circulation in the shed. Then a workout.

Later gang...

No comments: