Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations Barack Hussein Obama

We have a new President - and it feels mighty good. I may or may not want to offer more on this subject...but for the moment let's just let it go at that - congratulations - to all of us. Hip! Hip! Hooray!

I note only, for the record, that even us non-believers got favourable mention in the inaugural speech as making the cut as actual Americans.

In other news it's been a busy 24-hours. Last evening I had to take dad to the ER. He has been retaining fluid in his feet and legs and it got worse over the weekend. Yesterday he scratched his leg and began "leaking" ...it was just water but it freaked him out and mom called me about 9 PM and I went over to take him to the hospital.

I finally got him home about 2 AM and today he is doing better. He FINALLY got it through his thick Swedish head (it's not that his regular doc, mom, and I had not been trying) that he MUST keep his feet-up in order to control this problem. So maybe we'll now make some progress. The odds grow better by the hour that he will see his 94th birthday on February 5th. Indeed, I still believe the odds are NOT all that long that he'll make 100...

Yesterday it was Dougie's birthday and Alison cooked a great birthday supper on Sunday night. I took some pictures...but the lighting was not good and regretfully no photos are available. I am learning to be more discreet in these matters. But trust me - it was fun.

Also exciting, I spoke to both of my daughters in the past 24-hours and Leah is doing well at her new job at the Washington County Health Department and Amanda just started a job at a big medical imaging center. Bravo! I'm mighty proud of those gals.

Well, I'm pooped and have to run errands tomorrow morning so this will have to do it for a couple of days. I promise to post on Friday and perhaps my thoughts will not be so scattered.

No comments: