Friday, January 9, 2009

Snow Day

We got about six inches of snow yesterday, a foot or so last night, and another six to ten inches expected today. The feds have taken the day off and the schools are closed. As near as I can tell the State guys are working... Us retirees are drinking coffee.

I was startled a couple of times during the night when big clumps of snow hit the roof. I have a big piece of artwork - a big metal bird - over my bed and when the snow would hit the roof it would clang like a bell. I got up and looked out the back window a couple of times and it was pretty eerie. Snow was falling from the trees every thirty seconds or so and the snow was so fine it would cause a white-out for a bit as the plume slowly dissipated.

Finnegan, my little Yorky boarder, does not do well in the snow. I had to shovel the porch and steps this morning before he could get out to do his business which I expect he accomplished in the relatively snow-free environment under my car.

I'm going to have another cup o' joe and then plow the driveway with the 4-wheeler. That will take about an hour. Then I'll warm-up and go shovel and chop wood at the folks. Then maybe a workout and a steam. And then maybe shovel at auntie's if I can get up the hill.

This sucks.

No comments: