Monday, March 16, 2009

Cabin Fever

A somewhat early Spring-like weekend. Wet roads and temps in the mid-thirties during the day and cold crunchy nights. Sounds like more of the same all week.

I took Dougie and Alison to supper on Friday evening in celebration of Alison's birthday. We went to Zephyr, the Mediterranean joint on Seward Street. It was good - by Juneau standards. I've now been there four times in the past month. Time to give it a rest...

I collected Joan at the airport on Saturday afternoon. I think she was tired - a grueling three weeks in Boise. It's now 8:30 AM on Monday morning so I'm sure she's already up to her eyeballs in accumulated Department of Public Safety budget stuff - I think all departments are going through budget close-outs in Senate Finance this week.

The rest of the weekend was the normal routine. Visit and chores at the elders, long workouts (my back is still a bit sore; but exercise does not seem to aggravate it), grocery shopping, reading, and TV. If I lived in America I could be Spring cleaning in the yard. Walking outdoors. Golfing too.

On the other hand, at least I don't have to spend the week in the State Capitol...

I guess I have got cabin fever in a serious way. I want OUT NOW!!!! As soon as I finish this post I'm going to track down my new found pal, Sean, at Holland America. See if there's any news on the cruise front. It's getting within about a month of sailing time...so I'm going to have to make a decision since I will also need to get air reservations which won't likely get cheaper as plane-time approaches.

I will keep you posted. In the meantime enjoy the following class picture - Mrs. Flory's 4th Grade Class in 1966. I have no particular recollections of 4th grade. For some reason the class size was the smallest of my elementary school career. Anybody know why? Wonder if we had three 4th grade teachers?...

As always, assistance in identifying kids who have dropped-out of my never too keen memory will be appreciated!

Mrs. Flory's 4th Grade Class - Click on image for larger picture

Front row left to right: Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, David Day, Sandy Kendler, Unknown

Middle row: Mrs. Flory, Scott Spickler, Bob Chapman, Unknown, Jim Brown, Leona Unser, Unknown

Back row: Jim Trucano, Donna Wright, John Shakespeare, Unknown, Margaret Harris, Cyd Dwyer, Elmer Lindstrom


No comments: