Friday, March 6, 2009

Yet Another Winter Storm Watch

It's snowing like crazy this morning and we're scheduled for another 8 inches or so before the day is out. Enough already!

It's nice to be home however. My bed felt real comfy last night - although I do miss my doggie footwarmers. After the morning elder chores, I took the rest of yesterday off...lounged around watching golf, reading, and catching-up on laundry. The first day I haven't been to the Club in about a month! And a big T-bone for supper last night.

In other news, there is an interesting story in the Fairbanks News Miner this morning describing a meeting of something called the Second Amendment Task Force convened by State Representative Mike Kelly. Representative Kelly plans on introducing the Alaska Firearms Freedom Act which would allow someone to own firearms or components thereof restricted by federal law so long as they are built and kept in-state.

Kelly said he resents such infringements on gun rights as having to go through a metal detector to enter a courthouse and said he fondly remembered his college days when he could go hunting and return to his dorm room with a firearm without any problems.


“It was absolutely as normal as can be, and I look forward to when those times return,” the Fairbanks Republican said.

In these troubled times we all long for a return to normalcy, Mike; but I have to confess that I find the Fairbanks version unconvincing...

No comments: