Thursday, April 17, 2008

Welcome Home

I got back on schedule on Tuesday. Spent yesterday paying bills, checking-in with the elders, etc. Some bad news from the landlord. Their wonderful companion Bailey the Dog passed while I was gone. When I would turn into my driveway more often than not the first thing I would see would be Bailey at the top of the drive with tail wagging. She would always come over for a greeting. I will miss her.

I've downloaded all three hundred or so pics from my camera and now will start the photoshopping process. I will post stuff to my Kodak site in phases.

A lot of my Alaska Open 2007 pics are already posted on the Juneau Golf Club Website. And I have attached a link to that site on this blog to the right of this entry. The pics have NOT been photoshopped...so I think I can make some significant improvements.

This morning I woke up to a foot of snow. And it's still coming down at a good clip. It's supposed to stop around 10 a.m. and then clear-up. It's also supposed to get down to around 23 degrees tonight.

Yesterday morning a HUGE avalanche took-out the transmission line between Juneau and Snettisham. It will take at least two months - and maybe longer - to repair the downed towers and line. Soooooo...we have been told that our electricity bills are going to increase by 300% or so for the next few months.

Now what was it that I don't like about this place? Oh yeah, the weather.

No comments: