Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Oh Deer...

Well, some new neighbors have joined the Glacier Highway menagerie. A couple of young bucks have been hanging-out in the neighborhood the past few days. Yesterday morning when I opened the blinds in my bedroom one was on the hill no more than fifteen feet or so from the window. I managed to open the window and get one really good shot before he wandered back into the blueberry bushes. I also saw him on the driveway a couple of days ago. I'm getting better with my new lens; but still have a focus problem. I'm beginning to think it may be my eyesight that is at fault. Imagine that!

Yesterday I drove out to the shrine. It was (briefly) a nice afternoon. Lots of crows and Bonaparte Gulls; but no marine mammals. There did appear to be some feed in the area though - there was a big bunch of gulls working something between the shrine and the little cove to the north. The Spring King derby starts tomorrow. A nice filet of fresh Salmon sounds pretty good.

Yesterday I got the results back from my latest blood tests and my PSA was nil - so it's "so far, so good" on the prostate front.

The guy my dad hired to replace dad's woodshed showed-up yesterday with some of his buddies and demolished the old shed and hauled away the debris. Whew! I'm very glad I dodged that bullet. I could stare at a pile of lumber all summer and it wouldn't turn into a woodshed. I'm more of a pick-and-shovel man... It looks like it may be a half-way decent day today so I think I'll wander up to my aunt's a begin some yard work.

I'm about two-thirds done with my photoshop project for Marian Harrigan. I brought back a bunch of old photos and negatives that her brother took over the years. I promised Marian I would scan the pics and negatives and send Terry a CD - and I feel obligated to be discreet since the owners have not yet seen them. However, I may indulge myself with one or two pics of the young Ms. Terry Harrigan for your viewing pleasure. Hint: Terry's favourite childhood companion was named Mutt-Mutt.

Funny. My ears are suddenly burning...

No comments: