Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday Already?

Where did the week go? A short one, admittedly...(at least for you working stiffs); but it seems like the week just flew-by.


Not much to report. I've been doing yard work every day. Today is "gravel day" at the Elders. The weather has been just outstanding.


Tomorrow morning I'm going to join Alison for an Audobon Society walk out at Eagle River. With luck, I will have birdie pics for Monday. That ought to keep you on the edge of your seats.


And I will be playing tour guide for my cousin and her husband on Sunday. They will be here for nine hours off one of the cruise ships.


In the meantime, I leave you with a couple of press clippings - one amusing and one sad.


Dispute over spilled Starbucks mocha ends up in Portland court

The Oregonian, May 30, 2007

The prosecutor turned toward the woman on the witness stand and began her interrogation: Is it or is it not true that you flung the iced venti mocha with extra hazelnut and caramel at the defendant out of anger?

No, answered the woman.

And isn't it true that you also lobbed a capful of whipped cream toward another employee?

No, the woman insisted once again.

In the end, the judge paused for three seconds before announcing that 38-year-old Latasha Curry -- a single mother and counselor for at-risk kids -- was not guilty of misdemeanor harassment.

Washington Post - May 30, 2008


Obituaries
Harvey Korman; Comic Known For 'Burnett,' 'Blazing Saddles'


Harvey Korman, the tall, versatile comedian who won four Emmys for his outrageously funny contributions to "The Carol Burnett Show" and played a conniving politician to hilarious effect in "Blazing Saddles," died May 29 at UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles. He was 81.


"It takes a certain type of person to be a television star," he said in the 2005 interview. "I didn't have whatever that is. I come across as kind of snobbish and maybe a little too bright. . . . Give me something bizarre to play or put me in a dress and I'm fine."

No comments: