Friday, July 18, 2008

BBQ Fun

A good time was had by all...


Mother Julia and Son Devon


I am no expert at reading body language; but this strikes me as falling somewhere between "skeptical" and "amused."


Don't tease 'em while they're eating...

Last Sunday Alison and Doug were the most gracious hosts for a BBQ honoring our esteemed Portland guests. Alison made her classic Chicken Marbella, Dougie his famous ribs, and I played the role of Side-Dish Elmo. A good time was had by all...

As the evening wore on folks gravitated outside to Doug's fire pit. The bullshit got pretty deep. Many lies were told - some old, some new.

Jane has loaned me twenty or so snapshots of various get togethers in the 1970's that are highly amusing. I will be scanning and Photoshopping them shortly and I expect a number of them will find their way into the blog. Think overalls, bell bottoms, and leisure suits. Oh yeah, and there are some pics of a costume party too.

I REALLY enjoyed the company and the weekend. I most fervently hope we can continue our annual reunion tradition.

I WILL BE POSTING ADDITIONAL REUNION PICS ON MY KODAK SITE LATER THIS MORNING.

In other news, yesterday morning I woke-up to discover the right-side of my face was largely paralyzed. Scared the hell out of me. After I took Leah and Chris to the airport I legged-it over to my doc's office and they saw me immediately. Took the doc on duty about 30 seconds to diagnosis the affliction as Bell's Palsy - a temporary condition caused by an unknown virus. Treatment is with steroids and the efficacy of the treatment is marginal, at best. So I have yet to decide whether or not to take the meds. I already take too damn many pills so am inclined to simply let nature take its course. The condition will improve on it's own over a period of three weeks or so (MAYBE a few days less with treatment). In the meantime, I will drool when I eat or drink. On the bright side, I look much younger on my right side - no wrinkles.

Yesterday was my folk's 63rd anniversary. I believe Miss Manners has designated 63 as the "carrot cake anniversary" and I acted accordingly. Dad eats carrot cake for breakfast.

Have a great weekend everybody.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Look at the bright side, at least it wasn't balls palsey.