Thursday, July 3, 2008

Forward March!

Alison and I have been hiking fools the last couple of days. We went up to the Salmon Creek dam on Wednesday and yesterday hiked out the Point Bridget trail. My dogs are yappin' this morning - think I'll take a day off from the trails. I'd never been on the Pt. Bridget trail before. It's pretty neat - muskeg, forrest, wetlands, and the beach. I took a lot of wildflower and bird pics - and as usual about half of them are decent.



Lots of water on the Pt. Bridget Trail. Lots of bear sign too!



Wild Iris, Buttercups, Shooting Stars, Geraniums and more!



Water Lily extravaganza.


Never seen so may wild Iris.


A Yellow something something - Alison told me and I forgot.


A Lincoln Sparrow.


We think this is a Wren of some sort - waiting for Alison's confirmation!
Last night I went to Joan's for an excellent supper. We actually got to dine al fresco - always a treat here in the rainforrest.

Happy Fourth of July everybody. Get out and enjoy it. If the weather holds I will go to the parade tomorrow - so perhaps there will be some ol' timey Juneau Fourth of July pics coming soon!

No comments: