Friday, June 19, 2009

It's a Small World

A fun day yesterday playing tour guide for Manfred and Sally Warner, their son, daughter-in-law, six year old grandson, and two year old granddaughter. Manfred and Sally were my dining companions on the Zuiderdam several times. They are quite fun.

I hijacked my sister's SUV and Leah drove my jeep. We did the standard city tour, the glacier, and out to the shrine. By that time the youngsters were getting restless and Leah wheeled the two younger generations back to the ship while I continued the tour to Douglas and up Basin Road.

At some point I mentioned that I attended school in Bellingham and described collegiate sorties to Vancouver for adult entertainment with the pub in the Hotel Devonshire as our customary home base. This elicited a serious guffaw from Manfred and a titter from Sally. It seems that Manfred and Sally first met at the Hotel Devonshire! It's a small world, ain't it?

Our host duties were amply rewarded when an offer was extended to Leah to enjoy the hospitality of their cabin at Whistler for a skiing expedition. Leah appeared quite enthusiastic. The Warner's live in West Vancouver and I have been invited to visit.

In other news, the weather forecast for the weekend is not too great - indeed the forecast for next week is suspect as well. Hmmmmm. If summer is already over, I am going to be one unhappy camper.

1 comment:

Eric said...

Get the snow tires ready, Summer is over.

The mosquitos at Dredge this year are the worst I have ever seen. Lots of beavers. No bears yet.

Ah, the Devonshire. Great memories. When were Manny and Sal hanging out there?