Monday, June 8, 2009

A Sunny Weekend

An absolutely fabulous weekend...Juneau was into summer recreation in a BIG way. It's been near 80 degrees for five days. Indeed, I'm feeling a tad sun dried - was outside doing yard work or walking around all week. I actually have the beginning of something that could be mistaken for a tan...or at least freckles run amok.

Yesterday I finished my contribution to the fence repair project at the elders. Mom and Linda will do the painting. I believe this completes mom's "to do" list - for the moment at least although I'm sure piles of wood will show-up in the driveway periodically. But I am hopeful I can now turn my attention to other outdoor activities.

I helped Joan Kasson with a little yard work on Saturday and earned a reward of a wonderful Mediterranean dinner. A great egg plant and garlic spread with pita chips for dippin', Greek salad, pork kebabs, tasty baked tater bits, and green beans. Very yummy. We dined outdoors which is always a treat in this neck-of-the-woods. After supper I zipped-out to the airport and collected Dougie and Alison. They had a wonderful vacation.

Leah will arrive on Wednesday. She is booked into Joan's spare bedroom at least through the end of the month. She's looking for summer employment...and my sense is she won't have any trouble finding it. I am delighted at the prospect of her company and hope she's willing to tolerate me on a few hikes. Stay tuned...



Savannah Sparrow. On your mark...get set...


...go!


Kayakers at Outer Point on a sunny spring day.


Not sure of the identity of this bad boy.

No comments: