Monday, June 22, 2009

It's for the Children...

A quiet weekend. Went to Joan's on Friday evening for an excellent halibut supper although the halibut was, in my opinion, second fiddle to a truly outstanding wild rice dish. Good and good for you...

Saturday was yard day at auntie's. The lawn was wet so I had to cut, rake and mow again. Auntie came out to help - snipped dead flowers and kept me company. She seems to be enjoying the garden more this year than in years past. Today (June 22) is auntie's 83rd birthday which will be celebrated at my folk's place this evening. Baked chicken and apple pie have been requested by the guest of honor.


Aunt Emilie - probably the only person in Juneau who wears earmuffs in June


The intersection of auntie's garden with the neighbor's garden with the rain forest

Mom calls this her roundabout

Mom asked me to take some pics of her yard. She is EXTREMELY proud of her garden as witnessed by her agreement to allow me to include her in a picture. She is generally camera shy!

Last night we had father's day supper at the elders. I made the ol' boy a big batch of his favourite oatmeal cookies.

I have a busy day planned today. I'll head into town for a workout in a few minutes. Leah needs to borrow the Jeep to go to a job interview. After my workout I'm off to the Prospector for lunch with the Juneau Golf Club Fall Tournament Sponsors Committee to plan our assault on the business community. Funds raised will benefit the Juneau Junior Golf Club - a worthy cause right up there with ending world hunger and eradicating malaria. I am proposing that we use the picture below as part of our fund raising strategy.


After lunch I need to bake a couple of zucchini bread loaves for auntie...and then off to the elders' for the big bash.

TallyHo!

No comments: