Thursday, January 14, 2010

And then Winter Disappeared

What a difference 24-hours makes. Yesterday was gawd-awful. Slush, rutted roads, slipping and sliding...and the obligatory 1 hour power outage when a tree fell on a line down Thane. I spent about 40 minutes of the blackout rockin' out with the iPod at the Club...sitting on a couch in the dark waiting for the power to come back on. Cut into my workout time. Doh!

Today is much more congenial weather-wise. The highways are wet and even my driveway had some traction this evening.

Alison and Dougie are taking a quick break in Vegas. They left this morning and will be back on Monday. I'd rather go most anywhere else; but I'm sure they'll have good eats and take in some fun shows. It sounds like they got a good package deal through Alaska Airlines.

I've been watching a fair amount of CNN as the Haitian disaster unfolds. So sad...those folks just can't catch a break. But apparently it's all their fault. Just ask Pat Robertson:

http://edition.cnn.com/2010/US/01/13/haiti.pat.robertson/index.html

According to the reverend, they made a pact with the devil back in 1804. This is a classic use of the oldest dodge in the clerical bag o' tricks. Still plenty effective in the 21st century however. No doubt Sarah Palin believes it...

Well, my loaves of Orange Pecan Bread should be just about baked.

Later kids.

1 comment:

Elmer Lindstrom said...

This just in from an alert reader courtesy of the Borowitz Report:

Pat Robertson: Haiti?! I Thought They Said "Hades"

Rev. Robertson said that he had heard the report of the earthquake on the radio and had misinterpreted its location: "For the life of me, I thought God was punishing Hades, which does in fact have a pact with the Devil."

Apologizing for his "goof," the televangelist told his TV audience, "Golly - people must've thought I was being an insensitive asshole."