Sunday, January 17, 2010

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner?

My tweety bird feeder has been discovered by a small flock of Chestnut-Backed Chickadees. They spent most of the day dining on my deck. It was great fun to watch them. It was raining and blowing all day yesterday and the bird feeder was constantly spinning in one direction and then unwinding in the other direction. They didn't seem to mind. A chickadee merry-go-round. I haven't seen them yet this morning; but I'm sure they will be back.

Of course mom continues to feed her flock of ravens at her place. Yesterday there must have been thirty or so of them. I put the groceries on a big flat rock by the stream just behind the folks' trailer. I always look around to see if I can spot 'em in the trees. I spotted just one; but I hadn't taken ten steps back towards the house when it started raining ravens. There were a bunch in the trees I hadn't seen and they just dropped down to the feeding station. The customary raven food-fight ensued. Quite entertaining.

As previously noted, yesterday was rainy and windy. Looked a lot like October. The ice is mostly gone from even the side streets and driveways - which is good - but it sure was an ugly day. I had hoped to make a dump run; but I just couldn't bring myself to go out in the weather.

A very laid-back Saturday.

Well, time to get dressed and mosey over to Elderburg.

1 comment:

A 2 Z said...

Hi,

I'm just a visitor from another blog. Its quite fascinating to see who else is out there. I live in Montreal and was trying to see what location you are in. Anyway good blog, nice lay-out. I'm just starting to blog so mine is a bit messy right now. Its a bit too wild! Come by for a visit when you can.

bye

Anne-Marie