Monday, January 4, 2010

Welcome to 2010

Alrighty then...a brand new year. So far, it looks quite familiar. Been busy as usual with the elders. Took Saturday night off...drank too much wine at Casa Rickey; but it was a welcome diversion.

My new tweety bird feeder is swinging gently on the front deck. Too close to the window for comfort; but hopefully the little buggers will be paying attention... So far, no takers. I walked around the yard today and there was not so much as a tweet anywhere. I trust some winged critter will spot it sooner or later and then the word will spread by word of beak. Or maybe not... We'll see.

Today was another beautiful day...a mite chilly...but nothing extreme. Not even much wind downtown.

I had a great visit with my ol' pal Marla Berg at her office in the Mendenhall. She's been there for years and it's the first time I ever stopped in. I took her a calendar.

Then it was off to Auntie's with my sister's battery charger to try to get her car running. It takes at least twelve hours for the charger to do its thing - so will be back up there tomorrow morning to see if it worked. She left the door to the car open when came back from my folks a week or so ago... Fortunately she has a heated garage. Did some grocery shopping for the ol' gal and had a really good workout. Then meatballs at the elders.

So...like I said...2010 looks mighty familiar.

No comments: