Friday, December 17, 2010

The Christmas Pudding

Christmas pudd day.  I'm off to Alison's mom's place at 11 AM to assist in the creation of the traditional plum pudding.  Big Xmas party on Sunday at Thelma's.  And tonight I'm going over to Joan's to make candy - there's a box with four pounds of quality chocolate under my tree. 

Last evening was the annual cocktail event at the Prospector with Shelly, Laura, Dougie and Alison.  The restaurant and bar are tarted-up real nice...actually it's completely over-the-top with many, many many lights and ornaments hanging from the ceiling.  Ho!  Ho!  Ho!  I just LOVE the holidays.

I still have lots of local shopping to do...but otherwise I'm in pretty good shape.  I did quite a bit of baking this week and will bake some real Christmas cookies next week.

I took auntie to a couple of medical appointments early in the week.  Relatively uneventful as such things go.  Her physical therapist is Denise McPherson (Blefgen) an old schoolmate.  Going back to about second grade as I recall...  She's a great gal and seemed to get a kick out of auntie's antics.  Don't think Emilie stopped talking for two seconds the whole time...  We had another appointment scheduled for today; but auntie has canceled due to discomfort associated with Tuesday's tooth extraction.  I will check-in on her after the pudding exercise.

The weather has been pretty darn nice all week...although it was blowing Taku downtown last night.  Brrrrrrr.  Still, I'm not complaining.  Here is yet another pic from my deck taken earlier this week.  I never tire of this view although it's fairly mundane for these here parts...

Not a bad view to wake-up to...
Have a great weekend everybody.

No comments: