Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Untimely

Well, that was a disappointment.  The clouds rolled-in last night just in time to make the total eclipse of the moon less than spectacular.  You could still see it; but it was all fuzzy and not the spectacle for which I had been hoping.  My landlord says we won't have another one in Juneau for a hundred years or so (don't know if that's true or not) but guess I'll have to hit the road if I want to see another. I tried to take a couple of pics; but it was SOOOOO cold that I couldn't hold the camera steady even with my monopod.

On the other hand, it's clear as a bell this morning.

I had a busy weekend.  Helped assemble the plum pudd on Friday for Thelma's big Xmas party on Sunday - the party was a roaring success as always.  Alison is very well organized.  Saturday was candy making day with Joan - also quite fun but not yet completed.  We will do another shift tonight.

Today I need to do some power Christmas shopping.  Have a pretty good idea about everything I need, I just need to go out and get it. 

So there you have it!

No comments: