Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Three Shopping Days 'Til Christmas

I think I set a new record for Christmas power shopping today.  And I have historically been quite good at this maneuver.  Two-and-a-half hours to complete my remaining shopping.  And it was a considerable list.  Damn I'm good.  But I was well prepared.  I KNEW what I wanted - it was just a matter of finding it.

I do believe that many of my fellow shoppers were not so well prepared.  Indeed, with three days to go the complexion of the shopping population has decidedly shifted...from the female to the male of the species.  And many of these shoppers have that glassy-eyed and slack-jawed countenance associated with those who believe they are already doomed - the jig will soon be up with the girlfriend, wife, or other beloved individuals they are once again destined to disappoint on Christmas morn. Don't give-up hope, boys.  It gets easier as the week wears on...the selection, and thus the decision making, become more manageable.  And I've done some of my best work on Christmas Eve.  Persevere!  Hah!

On a MUCH more positive note, Amanda called this morning to inform me that he is about to become a staff member of the Portland Children's Museum.  She starts on December 31st.  She is quite excited and the Museum is excited to have her.  It will be part-time work to start with but the powers-that-be are already talking about cross-training in various capacities - so hopefully it will soon morph into more hours and full-time status.  An EXCELLENT way to start 2011.  Bravo!

Last night Joan and I finished the 2010 Christmas Candy Extravaganza.  We made a big pile of candy.  And it's all pretty tasty if I do say so myself.  Very fun - so long as I only have to do it once a year.  Making candy is hard work...  I will play Cavity Faerie to the elders...

1 comment:

Eric said...

Finished up today. It was brutal out there.