Saturday, February 12, 2011

Hello/Goodbye

The relaxation continues.  Yesterday afternoon I signed-up for an activity - all this relaxing is beginning to become fatiguing.  So...at 10:30 AM I will report to the beach to board a catamaran for a four hour whale watching, snorkeling, picnic, booze cruise gig.  I have my sunblock at the ready...

The humpback whale show has been pretty spectacular even from the beach.  They are engaged in what my daughter, Leah, refers to from her days catering the whale watching boats in Juneau as "hot, whale-on-whale action."  It's always cool when they breach and some of these guys are catching serious air.  Also lots of fluke and tail pounding.  One suspects that cetacean love is in the air...

Night before last I had a superb supper at a French restaurant, Gerrard's.  The eight course fixed price offering was excellent although I was a tad disappointed with the rack-of-lamb which garnered great online reviews but I thought was simply good as opposed to great.  After the lamb I did rally for dessert - the millefeuille, a Napoleon filled with lemon curd, strawberry jam and fresh berries was spectacular.  The wine steward thoughtfully composed a wine flight for the meal.

Indeed, although I have been working out every day, it is possible that I have put on a pound or two - or perhaps these shorts have shrunk.  Yeah, that's it.  The shorts have shrunk.

Finally, I close with a couple of pics of the local hotel inhabitants - parrots who reside just off the main lobby by the lagoon.  Each bird seems to have a vocabulary of one word.  One of them says "hello" and the other one says "goodbye."  This works great when traveling from east to west - one is greeted with "hello" and shortly thereafter with "goodbye."  It is a mite confusing when traveling in the other direction however.

Hello Polly

Goodbye Polly


No comments: