Sunday, August 21, 2011

The House Revisited

The Masseys very graciously allowed me to come and see the house yesterday.  I took a few pics.  Here's the entire gallery.

I am more and more excited about this endeavor every day.  It will be very nice to have my own digs and this house has at least 80% of what I have been looking for...which is a VERY high percentage given the small Juneau market.

Tuesday is inspection day to be followed closely (I hope) by the appraisal.  The Masseys are hoping to be out by around the first of October.  Works for me.  If the appraisal occurs in a timely fashion and assuming that any final negotiation goes well, I am cautiously optimistic I will be able to spend ten days or so in Portland and Seattle next month.  I feel a need to see my Northwest gals and pals.

While down below I will also acquire some furniture...at a minimum I will need a new bed for the master suite.  I don't want to buy a lot of stuff until I have lived in the place for a bit and have a better sense of what will work...between what the Masseys are willing to leave me and what I have here at the apartment I can make-do for the moment.

The Masseys (and my hot tub)

 Living room -west

 Living room - east

Master bedroom

Max the Dog - he does not come with the house however

In other news, yesterday I attended the celebration in memory of Mark Notar.  It was held at the Moose Club and was VERY well attended.  Saw lots of old classmates and others long-time Juneau folks.  Very nice.  I took a few pics but the lighting was awful and I have yet to determine if any of them are blog-worthy. 

Later gang!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Congrats on your new home! Since cooking is one of your passions, I was wondering if you would be interested in some fresh dried herbs. I have more than I can use and have stocked up myself and my son. It would be nice to give them to someone who loves cooking and can utlize them.

On another note, I was sorry to hear about Mark Notar. I have many fond memories of being on the same bowling team for several years. May I ask what happened?

Elmer Lindstrom said...

I will accept your herbs ONLY if you deliver them in person. Give me a month or two and I hope to have suitable guest quarters.

I have a couple of pics of you and Mark as bowling King and Queen. Let me search the archives...