Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Knock, Knock

Who's there?

Hairy Woodpecker.

Alison and I walked the dike trail yesterday

This guy was VERY cooperative

He just went about his business

We also spent some quality time with our ol' pals the Lesser Yellowlegs.  First time I've seen many waders this year...



 
In other news, the cruise ship season continues.  Every week one hears of a special cruise for this or that particular interest group.  This week Juneau was blessed by members of the Conservative Political Action Conference.  Our very own Governor Parnell addressed the group yesterday.  The group included former U.S. Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld, president of Americans for Tax Reform, Grover Norquist, and the President of the National Rifle Association.  I reckon it was hard liquor and handgun night on the M/S Westerdam.

I THINK I heard on KTOO that this august body was going to hold some sort of seminar at the Nugget Mall yesterday afternoon.   I thought about attending; but fell asleep in the recliner instead.  Oh well...
On a more positive note, I hope to hear from the appraiser in the next couple of days.  With luck this house deal should be nailed-down before the week is out.  I will then contemplate a quick trip to the Northwest.

Yippee!

1 comment:

Eric said...

Great bird pics!