Thursday, August 25, 2011

'Shrooms

Finally!  A day without rain.  I took advantage of the hiatus to mow mom's and auntie's yards.  Mom's looks pretty good.  Auntie's not so good.  And oddly enough it is because mom's turf is still very thin while auntie's is much thicker.  No matter how many times you run a manual mower over auntie's grass there are still ungainly cow licks.  

We've had a shitpile of rain this month.  Everything is soggy.  I will be curious to see how this August ranks in the all time high rain sweepstakes. 

On the other hand, it's prime pickins for mushroom lovers.  I saw Mr. V. Sundberg at the A&P grocery last week and he peddled a line of bullshit of harvesting 20 gallons of the edible fungi.  I dismissed this out-of-hand as mere Norwegian bravado.  However today I saw Ms. Flemming who confirmed that her spouse, Mr. Fisher, was in fact engaged in this serious 'shroom harvest and that Mr. Sundberg was not peddling the proverbial baloney.  I tend to believe Laura.  But on the other other hand, nobody has offered me any proof - if you catch my drift...

Oh.  And my elderly mom REALLY appreciated the dungeness crab (picked) that Mr. S. Rickey provided last week. 

In other news, my house quest continues.  Got the engineer's report today and the place has a clean bill of health.  The appraiser should have been there today...so by early next week we should be in FINAL negotiations.  I am getting more excited by the day...

Life is good.

1 comment:

Van said...

Elmer, you skeptical Swede-

I'm so glad Laura confirmed our unbelievable bounty. I'll send you an email with photos (but they could be photo shopped). Van