Saturday, October 1, 2011

NOW I'm Retired

I'm more-or-less moved in to my new digs.  I'm trying to be very judicious in my unpacking; knowing full well that where I put things will likely be where they remain for the duration.  This is particularly important for the kitchen - where things tend to reside forever - despite daily reminders that they would be more efficiently located elsewhere.  Time will tell whether or not I have been successful.

I LOVE my new home.  I have spent the past couple of hours sitting in every chair (and moving chairs) in the living room and each and every perspective has been pleasing.  And I had a decent sunset tonight.  And now the stars are shining.  The Big Dipper and the arc to Arcturus are featured tonight from my deck to the west.  Vega, Deneb, and Altair are overhead.  Cassiopeia is to the east.  I may need to acquire a telescope.

The house is somewhat peculiar - a hexagonal structure.  It is, I suspect, very inefficient in terms of the use of space - nooks and crannies everywhere.  But I, too, am notoriously inefficient and peculiar - so I suspect it is a good match.  So there you have it.

For the first time since I retired I feel like I know what I am doing.

Salud!

No comments: