Saturday, October 15, 2011

Settling In

Well, the first two loaves of zucchini bread just came out of the oven - so it's official - I live here.  Still feels new and not quite normal - routines have been disrupted and need to be reconfigured.  But I will manage.  The fact is that I'm as happy as can be - I love this place.

It was another busy week painting, unpacking, and acquiring more stuff.  My new bed arrived on Tuesday.  It is very big and very comfy.  I have the TV set-up and bought a couple of nice lamps.  The master suite is now reasonably well appointed although I have not yet hung any artwork anywhere.  I think I want some new material...

Tomorrow I need to rake and clear the dog yard.  My first house guests arrive on Monday.  I also need to drain and refill the hot tub and figure out how it works.  We're definitely headed into hot tub season.  The snow level appears to be down to about 2000 feet this afternoon. 

And here's another bird pic - an American Coot that Alison and I saw out by Dredge Lake a week or so ago.  A rare bird for Juneau. 

An American Coot
 
I'll try to be more diligent about posting now that the hurl-burly of moving is more-or-less behind me.

Cheers!

No comments: