Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fun in the Sun

A great day yesterday. Had a good workout, visited with my realtor, played 18 holes at the Trysting Tree Golf Course, and had a super supper. The skies were blue and the sun beat down on one very happy Elmo.

The real estate market is very slow. There is a large stock of homes on the market - over 300 at last count. The realtor is hopeful - but not at all certain, that the bottom will come next Spring. Works for me.

I had supper at a French restaurant last evening. The mussel appetizer was out of this world and the lamb osso bucco was very good. There are three other new restaurants in town that are also supposed to be quite good - but they will have to wait until my next visit.

I'm going to go have another workout this morning and then play golf again. Then I will hit the road to Portland and supper with the gals. Yippee! Life is good.

Mom called last night to give me the news I had heard the day before - Alison Elgee has been appointed as an Assistant Commissioner at my old department. She will inherit the duties previously performed by Janet Clarke. Congratulations Alison! The Department of Health and Social Services is lucky to have you!

The sun is shining again today and the forecast is for more of the same...

Next post - dateline Portland.

No comments: