Sunday, November 23, 2008

More Pics Posted to my Kodak Gallery Site

Sorry I haven't been blogging...but I've been busy. I've spent most days at the folks doing various chores and errands or cooking stuff for them...baked goods and soup. Dad is seriously into chicken soup. And Emilie is always an enthusiastic recipient of groceries.

Dad's blood work came back and, to my surprise, it was all relatively normal despite the doc's early misgivings. So...his weight loss, weakness, and lethargy remain a mystery. They want him to have an ultrasound of his heart; but he is resistant. A heart problem could explain the loss of energy and weakness...but I don't think it speaks to his weight loss - his appetite is still pretty good. So...we'll see... I'll make another run at him on the ultrasound on Monday. But I'm not going to be too strident...he remains of perfectly sound mind and it's ultimately his call, of course.

I've been photoshopping vacation pics and working on several holiday projects too. The latest installments from the East Coast Victory tour are now on my Kodak site. I still have a bunch to process however.

Hope you all caught Governor Palin's Turkey Pardon fiasco. My dad - who is not known for his appreciation of the absurd - was in stitches when he saw the interview. If you did happen to miss it, Governor Palin "pardoned" a turkey at a local poultry farm and then gave an interview while in the background the turkeys that did NOT receive a pardon were being sent to Poultry Heaven. And this is not a big automated plant...these turkeys were being personally whacked by a big kinda weird looking guy who kept turning towards the camera and grinning. Mom (her PETA renewal forms just arrived in the mail) was not amused...

We got an inch or so of snow the other night; but now it has warmed-up and is supposed to rain for the next week or so. I think I'd actually prefer some snow...but then I don't have to commute to work and back at a fixed time five days a week. It's so bloody dark!

Well, I'll try to get back on a regular blog schedule next week. And do check-out the pics.

No comments: