Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yet Another Reason to Leave Alaska

The morning after...a tad hung-over and my disposition not helped one bit by the news from the Home Front. Convicted (although admittedly not yet sentenced) felon the Right Honorable Ted Stevens leads in his Senatorial race in Alaska...and, equally inexplicable in my mind, not YET indicted but equally corrupt and out-of-touch Congressman Don Young is walking away in his reelection bid for the U.S. Congress. I gotta get out of that place.

But I prefer to dwell on my vacation.

We played the Harbour Town Golf Course yesterday...the venue for the annual Verizon Heritage PGA event. We were joined by a nice gentleman from North Carolina - probably a 12 handicap golfer - as well as by a caddy for the foursome, Zach, who was very tolerant of our golf foibles. Nonetheless, I was completely intimidated by the course and the surroundings - hit the worst round in a couple of years.

But golf is a strange game. We played another course today and I had the best opening 9 holes I've ever played. Didn't play the back 9 quite as well; but nonetheless hit a 108 which is about 4 shots under my average. Go figure...

Last night we had a good supper at a joint called Kwizen (cuisine - get it?). Tonight Alison is cooking steaks.

For some reason I can't upload pics on the wifi at this place...sorry....

No comments: