Thursday, December 4, 2008

Winter Arrives

I awoke to about four inches of new snow this morning and it's still coming down. It's supposed to turn to rain this afternoon...so it will be a sloppy day.

Yesterday was quite nice. I walked the new Auke Lake trail which meanders along the east side of the lake from the main highway to the Back-Loop Road. The trail's not completely finished - most of it is still fairly large rock which makes walking difficult. But it's going to be a great trail once completed. It will be very popular with bicyclists (including myself).

Not much to report otherwise. I'm going to work on a Photoshop project for an hour or so and then shovel snow here and at the folks. And then a workout, of course. I bought some fresh cranberries the other day and this afternoon I think I'll make cranberry scones. Pretty exciting, eh?

I think I mentioned previously that I had hoped to provide Christmas tunes on the Blog for the holiday season; but I have been completely flummoxed by the free software I have attempted to install on several occasions. So...instead I will provide you with a series of ol' timey holiday pics featuring one of my favourite people - me.


Big Elmer and Little Elmer circa 1963 at 622 West 11th. I loved my PJs with feet. Pretty cool doilies too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey: I enjoyed your comments about Big Ed. Do you recall that in 1980, Ed called for John Sackett and Frank Ferguson to be impeached because they had suggested that rural Alaska would get better subsistence related treatment if the ANCSA lands were managed by the Feds.? John was chairman of Senate Finance and Ed was vice-chairman. After Ed made those comments on the Senate floor John came back to the office in a rage and told me he was going to fix Dankworth. The very next day when Dankworth came to his office off the center wall of the Finance Committee room he was surprised to see that his name had been removed and George Hohman was occupying the space as well as the vice-chairmanship. The rest of the 1980 session turned sour for George as we both recall and I often wondered what role Big Ed might have played in getting Russ Meekins wired for sound.

Garrey