Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Going Nowhere Fast

I've been sulking the past 24-hours. I drafted a letter to my realtor in Corvallis giving her additional criteria for my dream house based on the assumption - no, make that the HOPE - my elders meant it earlier this winter when they suggested they would be willing to consider a move out of this hell hole. I shared the draft with the folks yesterday. It landed with a thud.

I am going to let it be...see if they raise the matter again without prompting. I doubt it. They want the whole idea to simply disappear.

So...I will switch gears for the moment. Perhaps a longer trip in April. Maybe I'll drive the coast highway to wine country. A long road trip appeals to me at the moment.

In other news the snow is falling lightly this morning; but it's supposed to stop soon. Mostly cloudy and then partly cloudy for the next week or so. Daytime temps should be quite pleasant - high 20's to low 30's - so perhaps I will do some cross country skiing.

Below, I offer one of my favourite pics from the early 1970's. It's a silhouette of Eric Swanson on the beach out the road. I think out past Eagle Beach...but I'm not positive.


How's that silhoutte holding-up these days ol' buddy?


Well, off to do chores. If it's not too slippery I'm going to take mom to Costco today. Shouldn't be much too much shoveling - cleaned the driveway real good yesterday. Then off to the Club.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry Elmer. Allison, Kurt, and I were just talking about your dreams of the Oregon trail. Don't give up all hope, maybe your parents will rethink it once they are forced to go through another March. Maybe you are such a good son you are making it too easy to stay.

plumber55 said...

His is holding up just like the rest of us except for you, you workout slave..cuz

Eric said...

Pavitt's Fitness Center is trying to help in that regard. Between work and kid/dog care I don't get over there enough. I need to retire.

Elmer Lindstrom said...

I think we should all go play golf.
Specifically, I think Eric and Dickie need to come to the September Classic in Oregon.

Eric said...

I am ready to get out of here now. Is there a March Classic?