Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ouch!

Sorry...I had planned on posting some new (old) pics today; but it's already time to head back to town to let the doggies out and have a workout. Then back to the elders for supper. Then back to walk the doggies. Where does the day go?

Well, where it went today was settling-up with Uncle Sugar for 2008 - and it's not pretty. Guess I will have to start making quarterly payments to avoid the big bite at tax preparation time. Without going into details...let's just say my tax bill approximates the cost of a cruise from Florida to Vancouver. So I will need to do some more noodling about my Spring Break.

I watched the President's speech last night and thought it was excellent. But if the talking heads are any gauge this morning, it appears that our Republican friends think continuing to ignore the issues of health care, education, and energy is definitely the way to go. At least they're consistent... I also think it is more likely than not that they are seriously miscalculating the national mood. Time will tell...

In local news - there really isn't any local news. The weather remains benign - quite nice, in fact. I continue to enjoy the company of Joan's four-legged pals. The elders are as well as can be expected.

With any luck, I will be able to find time tomorrow to do a real posting.

No comments: