Monday, February 16, 2009

Party Down!

A fun week! Two social events of note and three days of absolutely drop-dead gorgeous weather that got me out of the house and cross country skiing out by the glacier. It was great to be outdoors - a break in the cabin fever which had become oppressive the past few weeks.

Thursday was Cindy Chapman's 50th birthday - celebrated in the traditional style at T K Maguires at the Prospector. I had a great time...


Funny Bunny Cindy Chapman celebrates the Big Five-O

John has adapted to the Stone Family quite well, I think.


And here they are - Mother Stone and all her brood.

The Stone family are a formidable crew. I think they're all quite wonderful.

On Saturday night I attended a Valentine's Day supper at Laura Beasons. Unfortunately (although this is a debatable point, I'm sure) I forgot my camera at home so I have no photographic evidence of the crime. Ten of us enjoyed Laura's wonderful supper - washed down by a case-and-a-half or so of wine. We played a fun card game called "Apples to Apples" which I strongly recommend for any party that involves a case-and-a-half of wine. Laura's condo on Douglas Highway has a spectacular view of the Juneau Harbor and is excellent for entertaining. A great evening.

Below are a couple of pics from the Dredge Lake Trail where I was skiing this past week. The pics have NOT been extensively photoshopped. The sky was that blue and it was pretty damn nice...







In other news, I will be house-sitting for Joan Kasson this next week. Her mom is not well and she is headed to Boise to visit her parents for a week. I will be kennel master for Tucson, Jasper, and Mattie. I'm sure we'll get along just fine.

So...I may be a little spotty on the posting front for a week - although I expect I will be spending at least some portion of the day here in the comforts of my own digs.

I trust everyone is enjoying a day of leisure on President's Day.

No comments: