Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Very Busy

I've been very busy...just a quick post from my sister's computer while the chicken marinates.

Mom's still in the hospital. She was bleeding from her incision yesterday which concerned the doc. They stopped the blood thinner and today it's much better. She may be able to come home tomorrow.

The other elder is doing fine - or perhaps more accurately he's doing as well as he's going to do. No pain. Good appetite. Looking forward to Game 6 of the World Series tomorrow night. We're both rooting for the Phillies.

Looks like the Democrats are going to be in serious spin-control mode tomorrow. It appears that the off-term elections are not breaking their way. No surprise...and meaningless, of course, but I'm sure the talking head's tongues will be wagging tomorrow.

While I was at the club today I saw some Republican Congresswoman who appeared to be suggesting that the health care reform legislation pending before the House was more dangerous than terrorism to this country. I'm sure that will have tongues wagging as well.

Actually, in one sense I suspect the honourable gentlelady is correct. Certainly for those pols who have been contentedly suckling on the Big Pharma and health insurance company campaign contribution teats; health care reform may well be regarded as a serious threat.

Well, gotta go peel spuds and slice broccoli.

Hope to catch-up with everyone soon...

1 comment:

Tim Milnes said...

Wouldn't it be nice if some of thise talking heads would talk talk talk until their heads actually popped off? It doesn't surprise me, but it is still disconcerting how powerful the irrational hysteria can become when people feel their are on the edge of a sea-change they can't control. How can, for example, Sarah Palin have any credibility to thinking people after her comments regarding Obama paling around with terrorists? Or a Republican congresswoman saying Health Care reform is more dangerous than terrorism? Are you kidding me? I look at us sometimes and just shake my head. I have several friends in Europe, from Austria and Germany, and they ask me questions that I can't find an intelligible answer to. Well, I expect that most of the people who might read this think similarly to me, so I won't belabor the point; its just nice to ahve a small forum to express my frustration.