Wednesday, July 21, 2010

At My Duty Station

Good morning campers! It's about 7:30 AM and I am back at the hospital. Sounds like dad had a reasonably comfortable night although the pressure socks kept him awake part of the night. He had some pain in his leg in the middle of the night; but this morning he says he has none.

They have scheduled surgery for 5 PM this afternoon but are hopeful they will get him in sooner. Could be a very long day...

I feel pretty chipper myself. Got a good night's sleep. The Motel 6 is clean and quiet; but not exactly a luxury joint (inquire at the front desk if you need shampoo).

Oddly enough there are a ton of seagulls in the vicinity of the hotel. They were going nuts this morning. And the vacant lot across the street is full of seagulls and Canada Geese. It appears they nest there. Night before last I was walking by the lot on the way to a restaurant and a goose, gander and four goslings were in the middle of the sidewalk. The goose and gander were not glad to see me. Lots of hissing, spitting, and flapping of wings. Obnoxious birds.

It rained like hell last night. Mostly cloudy this morning.

I am going to surf the news. Will report any interesting developments as they occur. Should be a doc or two wandering through here shortly.

Thanks to everyone who called yesterday. We're hanging in there!

No comments: